Change out a sewage pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfaplumber

Reaction score
I’m remodeling an old basement bath with an old sewage pump (Liberty Pump EU4, Model# 333). Not sure the pump even works as we haven’t used this bathroom for a few years ever since the toilet bowl broke…(it’s basically an extra bathroom), and I was having trouble with it in the past. Long story short…I found the pump there when I bought the house 19 years ago and think it’s a good idea to install a new one as part of the bathroom remodel. The Liberty pump info I noted above is on the cover of the sump basin (the basin appears to be in good condition), so I’m guessing the whole system was a Liberty product. My question is…can I keep the basin and just change out the pump? Application is a single family residence basement bathroom with sink lavatory, shower stall, and toilet. I would like to use a Liberty model…any suggestions on which one?

I don't know about Liberty's but you should be able to put in any pump you like as long as it fits and the float won't get tangled up. Zoeller is what most the Plumbers I know recommend. I always liked Hydromatic, but I believe they have been bought out.

The Myers I used to sell came in 4/10th hp and 1/2 hp. They would both handle 2" solids. I liked the SRM-4. It was all cast iron and was the 4/10th hp. I'm using one at my house. Just make sure you buy the Sewage pump, not the Effluent or Sump pumps. The Sump is the cheapie, the effluent is better but won't handle anything over 3/8" solids.

Back