cell phone boiler surveillance

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittendrigh

Reaction score
This might be a frequently asked question but I couldn't find it answered here already.

I want to use an IP camera and/or and old cell phone to provide live feed surveillance of my boiler in Montana, when I'm snow-birding down South in Texas.

What I want: a fixed position IP (internet protocol) camera pointed at my boiler or perhaps and old cell phone plugged into a low voltage adaptor pointed at my boiler, so I can dial a cell phone number from afar and get a live video feed of the digital output screen on my (Triangle Tube) boiler.

Some systems seem to require a DVR storage hard drive attached to the camera. Others want to store video out on the internet cloud. I don't think I need any storage at all. I just want a live feed, so I can make sure my pipes aren't freezing.

I see "3 camera package systems complete with DVR" on sale for approximately $2000 USA dollars and up. How do I do this without the storage? i'm hoping to keep this under $500. Information is gold. Thank you.

Last edited:
Wifi thermostat... temp in house drops below a certain temp you are notified on your cell phone. You can set and check temp of boiler too.

Wifi thermostat... temp in house drops below a certain temp you are notified on your cell phone. You can set and check temp of boiler too.

I have one of those I bought several years ago. That one is land line only and I zapped my land line 6 months ago. Hadn't thought of cell phone version. Good idea.

I still am interested in a live video feed too. For some reason.

Get one of those Nest home camera things the doorbell ones except for your house can get a feed right to your cell phone set the camera up anywhere in your house as long as you have Wi-Fi

Back