Can't figure out how to open sink faucet to replace parts

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tye

Reaction score
I've done my fair research and watched youtube videos but I haven't been able to figure out how to open up my faucet for repairing the leaky faucet. The only thing that was able to come off so far is the handle lever. That does not seem to allow me to open up the bottom lever parts for replacing the washer however. There's a hex key screw and once thats off theres nothing else that will come off.

I've turn off both hot and cold water, one at a time. So I believe the leak is from the faucet parts wearing out and not the lever.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20191028_154049.jpg
    20191028_154049.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191028_154057.jpg
    20191028_154057.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 11
If you can get the handle off, the round piece should unscrew off then you can get to the stem. Squirt some penetrating
fluid on it if its stuck.

If you can get the handle off, the round piece should unscrew off then you can get to the stem. Squirt some penetrating
fluid on it if its stuck.

Yes I tried to unscrew it by hand but it didnt budge. I assume there may be silicone chaulk in there too. I'll try some wd-40 and see how it goes.

Tye you can also use a rubber strap wrench. They sell them at Harbor Freight or probably any hardware store.

Back