Can you please tell me how to adjust this toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PookieNumNums

Reaction score
I really would love to know how to adjust the water flow on this toilet. It's in my work and the cheap A multi billion dollar company made it to where you have to flush it 2 times or more just to get your junk down. So I would like to adjust it myself and make the water flow longer.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 52840.jpg
    52840.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
if you are having to flush twice it could be that the screwdriver stop is not open all the way but more than likely the flushometer needs to be rebuilt and that something your bld maint would have to tackle its not anything like your residential toilet

It is not an adjustment
it only turns the water on, some maintenance people turn them down in an effort to save water
turn the screw counter clockwise to increase water
clockwise to decrease

If that does not work, do as Geofd suggests and rebuild the flush valve
I AM ASSUMING the problem is not a slow drain but a water issue only

I really would love to know how to adjust the water flow on this toilet. It's in my work and the cheap A multi billion dollar company made it to where you have to flush it 2 times or more just to get your junk down. So I would like to adjust it myself and make the water flow longer.

Thanks!!
If that's an older flushometer an older flushometer sometimes when you adjust the screw driver stop water will leak or sometimes spray out of the stop in the pic below diehard shows a pic of the stop there is a rubber cap at the end of the stop, if that is worn they sometimes break apart and the rubber gets inside the flushometer making it
run and then you need to replace the stop and the internal parts that requires a bathroom shut down ….someones already worked on it I think there is Teflon tape at the union …..on those threads its not needed who ever adjusts that stop should have the proper rebuild/replacement parts on hand and know where the bathroom isolation
valve is...that's just my cautious opinion

Maybe the building has weak water pressure, or someone didn't install a 1" water line to that toilet. Is it the only toilet in that bathroom with the issue? Are there any other toilets in that area? Is it an old toilet with calcium build up in the rim of toilet? Does the flush valve just needs rebuilt? Let us know.

Latest posts

Back