Can you ID the manufacture of this hose Bibb (spigot)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock27usa

Reaction score
Exterior brass 1/2” female NPT hose Bibb boiler valve type was leaking at the stem. I tightened the packing Bonnet nut just a bit, I want to “repack” the valve body but can not ID the makers mark of the hose Bibb. The stamp is EA. I am familiar with American Valve (A) and Arrowhead (an actual arrow head mark)...but who is EA? Thank you in advance if you know who manufactures these....

It could be Eastman. But that really doesn’t matter.

Eastman would still need to be manufacturing the valve or parts for you to get. They probably don’t.

If you just want to replace the faucet washer or replace the packing you can do that without knowing the brand.

Why not just unscrew the one you have and install a new one that costs $12.00 ?

All you need is a 1/2” fip hose Bibb, some Teflon or pipe dope or both. And a pipe wrench or two.

Lefty loose righty tighty broski. ✌️

Yes, two wrenches, pipe wrench on the threaded nipple, big crescent wrench on the flats of the faucet.
Or take the stem out, bring to a good old timey hardware store with a service counter, and get it rebuilt with a few parts.
Or rebuild it yourself if you are handy.
Parts should be generic.
Adding new graphite or teflon packing string wrapped around the stem should fix up your packing nut drip.

All I greatly appreciate your knowledge. I tightened the packing nut just a tad bit and the weeping stopped. The good thing! The bad thing is the nut on the handle is quite corroded and I am trying to get it off with Pb Blaster so I can repack it. Harsh environment here in Houston Texas with high humidity. If I have to remove the bib on this pipe, I can get to the pipe and wrench it off. My other 2 hose bibs are buried in the wall with bricks and can’t get to the pipe to hold it...sad face.

Hell with the Glocks, they are easy to get. Show me your bullets, since this is a rarity these days!

Have “plenty” ammo...been stocking up for years...knew a time would come in our country when ammo would be as valuable as gold. When the shittake hit the fan last year my wife said “sure am glad you have ammo to defend us!” I said “yes you are...” with a Clint Eastwood half assed smile on my face.1614277377401.gif

Latest posts

Back