Can I use Liberty Pumps 280 Effluent Sump Pump as primary?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

php2b

Reaction score
Some Google sources say
When compared to a sump pump, a septic effluent pump has a greater level of durability. It is built with the ability to remove water at a more demanding pace than a sump pump. Some contractors may choose to swap a sump pump for a septic effluent pump in a pinch, but they compromise durability by doing so.
I just got Liberty Pumps 280 for very nice price :-(

LIberty Pumps said can definitely use 280 as primary sump pump

Be careful, anything that pumps too much too fast can shorten the life of the pump. Someone explained it to me like this:
"It's like when you repeatedly stretch the rubber band quickly and many times, it doesn't last as long. Fewer and longer stretches. the rubber band lasts longer".
Same with pumps. They are made to run.

Be careful, anything that pumps too much too fast can shorten the life of the pump. Someone explained it to me like this:
"It's like when you repeatedly stretch the rubber band quickly and many times, it doesn't last as long. Fewer and longer stretches. the rubber band lasts longer".
Same with pumps. They are made to run.
My current pump that takes out about 4-5" of water works hard (every 40-50 seconds) only during heavy rains otherwise its kind of inactive.

Latest posts

Back