Can I snake these type of Polyethylene (PE) for remove roots

Discussion in 'Drain and Sewer Cleaning' started by tt94546, May 9, 2019.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. May 9, 2019 #1

tt94546

tt94546

tt94546

I just moved in a house that has rain gutter that drains into these pe piping that pours out into a overflow pop-up in front of the house. There are some roots in the pipe that is clogging a section in my backyard that is causing flooding. I was able to stick a cheap endoscope camera to find the root blockage. I called a plumber to snake it out but when he saw my pipes, he said he can’t do it because his snake would break my pipes. He said it just best to replace it. These pipes are buried under concrete and would be expensive to replace. I just want to know if there is anything I can do and if this plumber was right. Below is the type of pipe I have. White on the outside and black on the inside. I did some online like search and they seem to be polyethylene pipes.

Attached Files:

2. May 9, 2019 #2

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Professional Professional

the is a rubber/heavy fabric (balloon) it threads onto your garden hose it expand in the drain and shoots a high pressure stream of water into the drain try that first....what schedule (thickness)is the pipe it should be stamped on the pipe

3. May 10, 2019 #3

tt94546

tt94546

tt94546

I don’t see any writing on the pipe that are sticking out from the cement, but I think these are ADS triple wall pipes.

Attached Files:

4. May 11, 2019 #4

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Professional Professional

I would try the balloon you can buy them at home depot/lowes for different size pipes