Can I do this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyH1980

Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought this home last year. Now, it is the Spare bedroom shower turn.

Issue 1 - spout diverter is bad - need to replace the spout. With Pic 1 & 2, my spout is the type that screws onto threaded end of the copper pipe or type that is slipped on? Been on youtube and can't really tell. I don't feel any set screws. How do I REMOVE the spout?

Issue 2 - Need to replace the single-handle faucet - Pic 3. All I can find online are Moen and Delta. How do I change the whole thing to another single-handle?
I would call a plumber but this place is over 120 miles from nearest anything. Trying to save money as much as I can.
Thank you so much

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Hi there,

Bought this home last year. Now, it is the Spare bedroom shower turn.

Issue 1 - spout diverter is bad - need to replace the spout. With Pic 1 & 2, my spout is the type that screws onto threaded end of the copper pipe or type that is slipped on? Been on youtube and can't really tell. I don't feel any set screws. How do I REMOVE the spout?

Issue 2 - Need to replace the single-handle faucet - Pic 3. All I can find online are Moen and Delta. How do I change the whole thing to another single-handle?
I would call a plumber but this place is over 120 miles from nearest anything. Trying to save money as much as I can.
Thank you so much
Your spout is a slip on. The set screw is in the small hole on the underside at the wall

Back