Can anyone identify this shower valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superfrank

Reaction score
I have this shower valve and I can not remove the handle because the set screw is stripped. I need to remove the handle to get to the cartridge to replace it. It has no manufacturer marks on the front and I removed the plate as far as I can to see if there were any marks on the back of the plate with no luck. I was able to remove the diverter stem from the diverter above it as pictured. I don't want to drill the screw out just yet until I can Identify the valve to see if I can find repair parts for the valve including the handle that may get damaged when drilling it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20210217_123835049.jpg
    IMG_20210217_123835049.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210217_122545262.jpg
    IMG_20210217_122545262.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210217_123339301.jpg
    IMG_20210217_123339301.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210217_123822035.jpg
    IMG_20210217_123822035.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
The diverter in your hand looks pretty much like a Price Pfister (now just Pfister) diverter valve. Except I've never seen one without splines on the tip of the stem.
That white washer is the dead give-away.
I do not recognize the shower trim.

I thought Pfister as well based on some pictures I was comparing online. I'm going to send them the pictures as well to see if they can help. Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

The diverter in your hand looks pretty much like a Price Pfister (now just Pfister) diverter valve. Except I've never seen one without splines on the tip of the stem.
That white washer is the dead give-away.
I do not recognize the shower trim.

It’s price pfister stem..... The diverter stem has a handle adapter on it.

The shower valve looks like Olympia.
https://www.wayfair.com/Olympia-Fau...Fovyk2yFZGL0lHTZr8BoCmFjkisShXXxoCzhcQAvD_BwE
Here is the diverter valve without showing the handle adapter.
https://www.wayfair.com/Olympia-Fau...Eptj__Bad9R-XhwG87cIeu6w3_tSMgahoCPMUQAvD_BwE
Here is the diverter trim.,
https://www.houzz.com/pvp/accent-di...t8BEbacPtEB7mW9vVlGWaoLQo76YhnIhoCuqIQAvD_BwE
Here is the cartridge. The trim kit probably has a handle adapter in it.,
https://www.faucetshark.com/Olympia...YLEGOxJF3Jbjwma89Oe0LsL1b665jxORoCZVoQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
I helped my neighbour just a couple of days ago with the same issue. He didn't have the correct size of allen key to undo the set screw in his shower handle, and ended up rounding the socket in the head of the screw.

I have a set of torx bits like the ones in this photo. They're similar six-sided like allen keys, but have sharp star-shaped flutes. I found one that fit into the head of the set-screw, tapped it with a hammer to get it well seated, and presto. The screw came right out.

Torx.jpg

Those are tamper resistant torx bits. Theare tools made to remove stripped screws with.

One side cut a hole the flip the bit around and it’s like a easy out....

That said,if it works that’s all that matters.

Those are tamper resistant torx bits. Theare tools made to remove stripped screws with.

One side cut a hole the flip the bit around and it’s like a easy out....

That said,if it works that’s all that matters.
Thank you very much for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

I helped my neighbour just a couple of days ago with the same issue. He didn't have the correct size of allen key to undo the set screw in his shower handle, and ended up rounding the socket in the head of the screw.

I have a set of torx bits like the ones in this photo. They're similar six-sided like allen keys, but have sharp star-shaped flutes. I found one that fit into the head of the set-screw, tapped it with a hammer to get it well seated, and presto. The screw came right out.

View attachment 27754
Thank you very much for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

The set screw is probably an allen screw.

So no need to drill anything first.

It is already hollow.

Latest posts

Back