Can anyone ID this cartridge?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixitdad

Reaction score
Trying to replace this cartridge but there are no markings on it or the two handle bathroom faucet. Anyone seen on of these and know which brand it is? ? IMG_4868.JPG

Figured out which cartridge will work in this, but the real issue is the nylon piece that locks it down in these pictures. The threads are toast, so what I need to find is what manufacturer this is to see if I can get a replacement, but there is no names, numbers or markings on any of these parts or the faucet anywhere??? Hoping someone here might recognize and know the brand?

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
I’d replace the whole thing. Then write the make, model and installation date, on the inside of the door with a sharpie.

You’ll chase your tail for days trying to find parts for an unknown. the cheap brands try hard to make their units look like the high end ones, so going on visual, when you don’t have any thing on the faucet to tell you what it is, gets frustrating.

If you figured out the cartridge, that should identify the brand
Well, a Moen cartridge did work, but I talked to Moen direct and sent a picture of the old cartridge and they said that is not one of their models. So while a Moen worked, leads me to believe the entire faucet is not a Moen. I was hoping that was the case, and I looked at all the parts available from Moen and nothing like that nylon threaded sleeve exists in their parts.

That’s strange! A cartridge being used across multiple brands is usually only used by budget brand faucets because they’re ghost made by someone else.

Back