Calcite C-10P vs C-050P

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenwood850

Reaction score
Many years ago I installed an Aqua-Pure up-flow neutralizer. At the time I installed it, I also purchased four 90 pound pails of C-10P calcite which was specified in the directions as the calcite to use. The four pails have lasted a long time as I only needed to add media every several years. Now however, the time has come when I need to purchase more calcite but I cannot seem to find 90 pound pails of C-10P calcite.

Even more importantly, I cannot find calcite specified as C-10P in any size. All I can find is C-050P calcite in smaller sizes. I cannot even find the difference between C-10P and C-050P calcite after doing a Google search. I suspect, since the chemical composition is set, that it’s an indication of granule size, but it might also specify purity or color so it would be nice to know for sure.

Does anyone know what the difference is between C-10P and C-050P, and why C-10P calcite is so hard to find?

Can C-050P calcite be used instead of C-10P calcite without creating problems in an up-flow neutralizer?

I found out today the designation is a specification for the size of the container. C-10P is one cubic foot, C-050P is 1/2 cubic foot. I am not sure why Aqua-Pure would specify by a code a particular container size to purchase when purchasing calcite, but they did.

Back