Cadet 3 bowl level?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbull1

Reaction score
I just moved into a new home and found our one bathroom has a Cadet 3 toilet. The issue I have, is the bowl level seems kind of low to me. The toilet seems to work fine. I don't know if its the limitation of the toilet, ( 1.28GPF) or if its truly low. I do notice if I turn the fill valves bowl level all the way up, the bowl will fill to what I would consider an adequate level, (pic 2) but within 30 seconds the water level, (pic 1) seems to drop an inch or so. The pictures show the levels. It was manufactured in 2010. Pic 1 is after the toilet is flushed and 30 seconds later that's the low level. Pic 2 is right after you flush and the tank stops filling. Could this be a trap issue? Or is just normal?

Attachments

• bowl low.jpg
    bowl low.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 0
  • bowl almost normal.jpg
    bowl almost normal.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 0
So the bowl seems to drain after finishing filling????can you show the inside of the tank???? The water in the tank should be about 1/2" to an 1" below that tube in the middle of the tank

So the bowl seems to drain after finishing filling????can you show the inside of the tank???? The water in the tank should be about 1/2" to an 1" below that tube in the middle of the tank
Yes here is the tank. And the water is adjusted properly to the fill tube.

Attachments

• Toilet3.jpg
    Toilet3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
That tank seems low. It also looks like the water line is about 1" higher than the water level. I also see the black hose seems to be resting on the flapper. Move it to the opposite side of the flush valve.

Seems like it is leveling off at the natural level designed in to it.
Claimed water area on that round front WC is 9 x 8
The elongated is 10 x 8

That tank seems low. It also looks like the water line is about 1" higher than the water level. I also see the black hose seems to be resting on the flapper. Move it to the opposite side of the flush valve.
The water level is about a 1/2" below the fill tube. The tank specs 5/8" below the fill tube. The fill valve specs 1/2". It may be the picture angle, but the hose isn't near the flapper. I looked for a water level line in the tank and cant find one

Yeah, it may be the angle. As others have said, if it works, then it works. I just wanted to make sure the functionality of your tank parts ok.

Back