Building a simple shower from water shut off valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Tango

Reaction score
Life has hit its all time low, had to live in an office space. I'm trying to build a simple shower system from shut off valves off the sink. It's got 2 shut off valves, hot and cold. Preferably to have the ability to control water pressure from shower head as well as temperature.

I couldn't seem to come up with a solution, so I'm turning the get help from experts in the forum. Please help.

been there Tango, standing in the yard with a garden hose, life sucks sometimes, but it always gets better

easiest way , remove the aerator from the lavatory sink faucet.
take it with you to the hardware store, you are looking for a new aerator that you screws into the faucet and has a 1/2'' male pipe thread on the other end.
buy a hand held shower wand assembly for a shower, screw the shower assembly onto the aeretor

See if you can find the connector for a portable dishwasher. Any good supplier should have them.

HomeDesperate has the male (sku 203673026), which replaces the aerator, and the female (sku 205379592). The female has 3/4 male thread. Less than $20 for both of them.

With that installed, it should be fairly straight forward to adapt to a shower head hose.

And, you can quickly revert to the sink.

Last edited:
been there Tango, standing in the yard with a garden hose, life sucks sometimes, but it always gets better

take it with you to the hardware store, you are looking for a new aerator that you screws into the faucet and has a 1/2'' male pipe thread on the other end.
buy a hand held shower wand assembly for a shower, screw the shower assembly onto the aeretor

Thank you Frodo, I did exactly what you said and it works perfect. As I said I'm going through tough time now, but when I bounce back I'll send you my gratitude the proper way.

See if you can find the connector for a portable dishwasher. Any good supplier should have them.

HomeDesperate has the male (sku 203673026), which replaces the aerator, and the female (sku 205379592). The female has 3/4 male thread. Less than $20 for both of them.

With that installed, it should be fairly straight forward to adapt to a shower head hose.

And, you can quickly revert to the sink.
Thank you very much! Appreciate it!

Hi Frodo,
I hope that you remember me. I've been living in this warehouse for close to a year now and through hard work I'm slowly making a come back. I never forget about your help, and I'm sending you a gift card of your choice. Please let me know what you want, it can be Apple, Amazon, Walmart, or whatever. Please let me know your email address, I never found contact info in your profile.
Thanks
Chris.

Glad to see things are looking up for you Chris. Were you able to gear up a shower?
Hey Matt, yes I did the exact way as Frodo wrote and I've been enjoying nice hot showers everyday ever since. I mean it's like watching a magic trick. Before you know how it's done it's a miracle and after you know how it's done it's rather simple. But it is this simple trick that allows me, a layman in plumbing, to shower every day with comfort just like in a real home.

If Frodo ever sees this please shoot me a pm or reply here.
IMG_6503.JPG IMG_6504.JPG

Back