brown water from hose while filling pool

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie001

Reaction score
I bought 16ft x 42in inflatable pool and have been using my neighbor's well to fill it (I dont have an outside spicket and this is my neighbor's vacation home and are not there full time.) Problem is, I ran their hose the first day for about an hour then gave it a rest. Next day, ran it for about two hours then the water started coming out brown. I then gave it 2 days rest, checked it today and the water from the hose is still brown. I checked their kitchen sink and the water is brown as well. Do you think there is a chance the well may be almost dried up? What should I do? I would hate to have caused any major problems!

I bought 16ft x 42in inflatable pool and have been using my neighbor's well to fill it (I dont have an outside spicket and this is my neighbor's vacation home and are not there full time.) Problem is, I ran their hose the first day for about an hour then gave it a rest. Next day, ran it for about two hours then the water started coming out brown. I then gave it 2 days rest, checked it today and the water from the hose is still brown. I checked their kitchen sink and the water is brown as well. Do you think there is a chance the well may be almost dried up? What should I do? I would hate to have caused any major problems!
What kind of a well???

Look to see if it is wet around the wellhead. There could be a whole in the casing, if so you did nothing to hurt it.

Generally pumping a well is good for it.

Has the problem cleared up?
Sometimes if a lot of water is used (more than normal use)
it can knock mineral build off the inside of pipes.

It is a common thing to happen.
If it doesn't clear in a short time( no more than a few hours),Then there may be other problems.

From your post, I would say its just some minerals that where washed off.
It should clear, and it will be back to the way it was.

Travis

I hate it when something goes wrong when you're borrowing something...

With my parents well, this happens, but it usually clears up quickly. Have you tried running it any more?

Back