Brasscraft PEX faucet risers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFBonnett

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
After a failure of a braided faucet supply line of unknown origin under the kitchen sink, I intend to replace all the braided lines in the house. HD offers Brasscraft PEX lines that can be cut to the exact size required. Does anyone have an informed, experienced opinion as to why these are acceptable or not? Should I go with new Brasscraft braided instead?

were they stainless steel braided lines, I have seen a few of those blow out.
We use the polymer braided hoses by BrassCraft.
We used to use the chrome plated bull nosed copper tubing, but they can be difficult to install in tight places. They are almost like the pex supplies.

Those pex supplies maybe a little stiff and you can't loop them like a braided supply

Last edited:
More magic with blown out lines. Daughter is president of local history group with a museum. Apparently, a few hours before the next visit a faucet supply line spontaneously blew out in a bathroom. What a mess. Tens of thousands of dollars of damage upstairs and down in a storage basement. A few days before I had changed out the toilet fill valve in a DIFFERENT BATHROOM. Guess who they're trying to blame this one on for "disturbing the plumbing". No good deed goes unpunished.

Attachments

• supply.jpg
    supply.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Maybe the toilet fill valve you replaced had thermal expansion control built in.

You removed the thermal expansion control for the building. 🤣

TW those things look like junk. As for the blown out supply it sure looks dark around the hole. Looks kinda
burnt from the picture.

Last edited:
Interesting question about the pressure. The town has its own water company. Who knows? Because the museum is non-profit and open to the public, the restrooms have to be ADA compliant and the valves and supply lines must be covered with guards to prevent someone in a wheelchair from burning their legs on a hot pipe while using the sinks. Other than the lines likely being old or cheap, I wonder if the line was kinked or abraded by the guard. How long was it there? It could have been since God was a boy. In any event, a local plumber is going to replace all the supply lines and any fussy valves in the building before the guards are reinstalled.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back