Bottle necks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just the pipe that makes it bad for water applications. The valves, the transitions to real water piping, not to mention the birth defects. Ha

It’s fine for water applications outside the foundation.

We’ve proved this with years of success.

We have services here in PVC sch 40 from the early 70’s when it started being used and are still in service.

Ok, are they as good now as when first installed ? The pvc Im talking about is still full diameter and working perfectly.
No, for sure they aren't, but they are probably 100 years old.

I think birth defects from galvanized pipe might be as bad as pvc.

The water mains I replace are.

Copper
Polybutylene
Galvanized
Pex

Ive only had to replace one pvc water main because it was thin wall and built over a swamp.

I’ve replaced hundreds of the other water services with other types of pipe. However pex is fine......I use it.

Last edited:
The water mains I replace are.

Copper
Polybutylene
Galvanized
Pex

Ive only had to replace one pvc water main because it was thin wall and built over a swamp.

I’ve replaced hundreds of the other types of pipe. However pex is fine......I use it.
Why would you replace pex? Hundreds of types of pipe? I'd ike to hear 50 types of pipe. Then I'll believe 100's of types.

Why would you replace pex? Hundreds of types of pipe? I'd ike to hear 50 types of pipe. Then I'll believe 100's of types.

Because the pex leaked.

Hundreds of other water services with other type pipe, that’s what it should’ve read.

The hotel I'm working in used pvc as heating and cooling lines. It works perfectly fine except all of the times it breaks. It's pretty successful except for that.

The hotel I'm working in used pvc as heating and cooling lines. It works perfectly fine except all of the times it breaks. It's pretty successful except for that.

I fully support your code for the work in your state. That’s just how y’all do it there......who am I to argue with what y’all accept or don’t accept ?

When I buy the house next to you as a winter home ill hire you to put me in an annealed copper type k service 8 feet deep.

That's never been approved for anything. Someone hired their uncle to do that.

What are you talking about 🤣.

You seem shocked that things are not done to code but it still passed inspection.

Do you ever do any repair work ? 🤣

I go behind new construction jobs 20 years later and find all kinds of code violations and it was all Inspected.

See why I think the code and inspectors are a complete joke ? 🤣✌️

When I buy the house next to you as a winter home ill hire you to put me in an annealed copper type k service 8 feet deep.

Ok, I take cash or check.

When lightning strikes it or the salt in the ground eats it up you can pay me to replace it. 🤡

8 feet deep is grounded.

Yeah uh huh......and lightning will blow holes all through it.

I live in the 7th ranking city in the us for lightning strikes with a population of over 100,000 people.

That means we get a lot of strikes and there are a lot of homes around.

Things get struck a lot here bro

I've seen your dumb posts about lightning. According to your logic pvc needs to be grounded becuse lightning will blow a hole in it too.

My dumb posts ?

I’ve seen pvc water lines get shattered and blown out of the ground. Your lack of experience doesn’t make my post “ dumb “ but it does make you ignorant.,

You should educate yourself on what’s known about lightning before you embarrass yourself in your attempt to insult me......

I’ve never made the claim that pvc should be grounded.

Back