Bottle necks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do have moisture at 8 feet. Then I'll take my copper pipe there please, and thank you.

I've seen galvanized water mains last longer than 4 1 years.
We have some 80+ years here, usually discovered when you call in for a curb shutoff and the valve's rusted shut and you wait half the day for them to finally resort to shutting down half the town.

We have meters set 12” in the ground out by the street with a curb cock on the street side.

If this valve fails it’s replaced live.

The hotel I'm working in used pvc as heating and cooling lines. It works perfectly fine except all of the times it breaks. It's pretty successful except for that.
Holy freaking cow, were the builders/engineers looking out for local service plumbing industry?

Cooling lines're supposed to be brazed copper, no?

I guess I thought code said water lines could be pvc and only hot water had to be cpvc? Maybe there’s something about the soil acidity/moisture in this area, but based on what I’ve heard the PVC I installed should last longer than I do and I just had a kid!

Holy freaking cow, were the builders/engineers looking out for local service plumbing industry?

Cooling lines're supposed to be brazed copper, no?
These aren't refrigeration lines. They are chilled water from a cooling tower. The heating lines are low temp, but they are running a boiler. There were stretches of pvc sagging with about 10" of deflection, when they tore out the walls. They were hanging on metal clevis hangers. It was pitiful. They wouldn't pay to have us run new laterals into the main corridors. They just wanted new drops. Kind of a silly gamble for them, but we tried to tell them.

I've seen your dumb posts about lightning. According to your logic pvc needs to be grounded becuse lightning will blow a hole in it too.

Here’s another one of your stupid ass posts because you don’t understand that lightning doesn’t always play by your rules.

Again, you’re the most arrogant ignorant person I’ve ever communicated with. I’m glad I’m nowhere around you or in your life and I’m sure others feel the same. Many others 🤣

My sister just showed me that article yesterday. Would the drain and vent have to be copper or cast iron in order for
lightning to do that???? Also in the City of Mansfield, Ohio you have to run K copper for a main water line running from
the curb box at street to the meter inside the house.

My sister just showed me that article yesterday. Would the drain and vent have to be copper or cast iron in order for
lightning to do that???? Also in the City of Mansfield, Ohio you have to run K copper for a main water line running from
the curb box at street to the meter inside the house.

No, lightning will hit the water and turn it to steam. BOOM.

Same with PVC, it’ll explode PVC water pipe. I’ve seen it first hand.

Ive also seen it rip a mattress in half and blow a chunk of concrete out of a slab and weld a washer and dryer together. Then it ran to the neighbors yard and welded a chainlink fence to a metal storage shed. Melted some of the fence.

Lightning strikes trees here all the time. Takes the bark off all the way down the tree. The tree dies because the water and the sap boils.

Its a lot different in colder climate. We have way more ground movement in the freeze and thaw cycles. We wouldn't use PVC for potable water distribution. We struggle to keep our water and old lead services from blowing apart in the thaw season

Latest posts

Back