Booster pump questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diynoob

Reaction score
I have a grundfos mq3 -45 that will be drawing water from about a 300 gallon tank. Could I connect the pump inlet with a 1/2in outside diameter 3/8in inside diameter poly tube? Would it be enough for that sized pump?

Well that is one of the least dependable pumps there are, so probably larger pipe than you need. Lol! However, with a good pump that could do 10-20 GPM you would have to run around fast in the shower to get wet with only 3/8" pipe feed. Most houses have 3/4 mains and 1/2 laterals and still complain they don't have enough pressure at the shower. Also the length matters as the further you go the larger the pipe needs to be?

Here is where most of those MQ pumps end up in a short time.

MQ pumps in dumpster.JPG

This is what I have been using but, they die after 4-6 months

Attachments

• 16069480283645633036815903617756.jpg
    16069480283645633036815903617756.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
It's on demand, people come by and pay for a gallon or 5 gallon jugs of reverse osmosis water

That SQ might last a couple years being lightly used like that. We do RO re-pressurization systems of all sizes. Here is a picture of one that supplies RO water for an entire resort in Can Cun. A regular jet pump and a PK1A control kit would last for generations.

INOVA COMPLETE LARGE A.JPG

That SQ might last a couple years being lightly used like that. We do RO re-pressurization systems of all sizes. Here is a picture of one that supplies RO water for an entire resort in Can Cun. A regular jet pump and a PK1A control kit would last for generations.

View attachment 26553
I have no space for this setup but, it would be nice

Hi, I’m using the MmQ3-45 on a 3/4” main with City Water. It works great so far; except that the when it kicks in the inlet pressure gauge drops all the way down for a split second and the pipes jerk. Would a vacu-arrest eliminate this issue? There is no lag or decrease in water flow when this happens. I’m concerned about the supply connections which are buried behind a gas fireplace. I know this was not a smart thing to do.

Hi, I’m using the MmQ3-45 on a 3/4” main with City Water. It works great so far; except that the when it kicks in the inlet pressure gauge drops all the way down for a split second and the pipes jerk. Would a vacu-arrest eliminate this issue? There is no lag or decrease in water flow when this happens. I’m concerned about the supply connections which are buried behind a gas fireplace. I know this was not a smart thing to do.
This thread is over 6 months old. Start your own.

Back