Booster Pump is cycling please help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try opening it with the 2003 excel, I changed it to that version for you.

That works. I have everything in except the serial # on the Wives gun. I haven't tackled the pictures yet, but I don't think that will be a problem. I see where you can insert a hyperlink to the pic and back. I assume that's how you did it. Excel has never been the most user friendly program I have ever used, but I have managed to muddle my way through a few things that I had to do. You make it look too easy!!!

I've been using Excel for a lot of thing for the last ten or so years.

It really is a neat program and can do almost anything you tell it to.

Oh sure... If you know WHAT to tell it! And where, and when and all that other stuff.

Need buffer tank so u can set pumps to give you more than 68 and keep extra pressure reserved. Pumps will not short cycle if you do this

the walrus pump has a spring adjustment screw. I called the manufacturer and they walked me through how to adjust it so the pump does not cycle on and off. The pump needs a minimum pressure of 26psi to kick on according to the liternature, but mine kicks on around 38psi, so I guess the liternature is not that good.
This pump was around $300 shipped. The pipe fittings and such probabably added antoher $200. I know can take a nice shower upstairs. I really like the pump.

So the problem is solved.

Whole house filters are a joke.

I don't know why you have a pressure reducing valve on the suction line going into the pump (at least I think that's the suction). If anything it should be on the discharge side to adjust the operating pressure of the entire system once the booster pump is running.

Instead of a pressure switch to operate the booster pump, a flow switch would be a much better idea. When water flows, the pump runs and the reducing valve keeps the pressure at a set point. Flow stops, so does the booster pump.

Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back