Blue line poly fittings

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewiis

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to connect a full house water filter to a blue line poly pipe 25mm (1") like this Blue Line Poly

I don't know what kind of fittings would be the most reliable in the long run to securely fit. I purchased some of these Philmac MDPE fittings but seem a bit pricey and bulky to fit onto a wall mounted filter. Seem to be more for irrigation purposes. Can be refunded.

What other types of fittings can I use? Is these PVC pressure fittings more suitable? it will be partially buried and mounted on an outside wall.

Sorry, might seem like silly question, but I appreciate your time.

Lewis

You can use the compression fitting you linked. But be aware they will not hold much thrust load. So you need to restrain things or they might pop off. Poly was initially developed as a bearing material. I’ve used it for teh Bering pads on the slip end of small bridges. You can probably use metal bayonet fittings and clamps. Not sure what is allowed on potable water in Australia.

The best solution, but not typically practical for the DIY, is a fusion to stainless pipe connector, which consists of a short run of poly pipe, fused onto a length of stainless or galvanized or epoxy coated steel pipe with standard male threads. The poly pipe is then thermally connected to the fitting with a fusion welding system. The welder is expensive, and not normally available on the rental market. Which is why it isn’t a typical DIY solution.

Latest posts

Back