blue corrosion on the copper pipes flttlngs

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

marlus009

Reaction score
Had someone coming up for a different issue and he mentioned the blue corrosion on the copper pipes flttlngs , see attached photos , ls coming from a electrical source.
Only the pressure flttlngs are corroded.
Thoughts ?452D9D77-0798-453C-815F-19A7775BAD35.jpeg

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Looks like something ran out of those fittings or the tool when it was pressed, like some oring lubricant or lubricant of some type.

I don’t think it’s electrolysis

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Probably the lubricant of the press fitting mixing with your particular homes atmosphere from what’s stored or some chemical.

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did have this happen at work, it was in a mechanical room with various chemicals being used, only thing is everything turned blueish maybe purple, let me take that back it everything just some copper.......I forget, have you cleaned the fittings off and see if it comes back?????

marlus009

Reaction score
We did have this happen at work, it was in a mechanical room with various chemicals being used, only thing is everything turned blueish maybe purple, let me take that back it everything just some copper.......I forget, have you cleaned the fittings off and see if it comes back?????
I just moved to this house and I'm afraid to touch those pipes lol

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also had an issue like this in on of our newer dorms it was a high level of calcium have you water tested, if not from the town,
Have a pool co test it

marlus009

Reaction score
That's ok, I think of you get your water tested you may be ok at least you will know what you have, if you do have , do you have any recourse, on that co.?????
Thank you! planning to test the water this week and go from there