BHS Pex - Heard of it?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf30tn

Reaction score
I'm looking to run a 1,200ft supply line to my house and am researching brands and costs. I have found a brand on Amazon and a website called BHS Pex. The cost is much lower but I can't find any information on the brand other than the info given by the listing/selling website. Has anyone heard of or used it? Below are some links and info for reference (sorry if needs to be taken off).

BHS Pex
Badger-pipe.com - 1 1/2" Non-Oxygen Barrier Pex Tubing
OD 1.625
ID 1.244
WALL THICKNESS .19
WEIGHT PER FOOT .35
ASTM 876/877
NOT TO BE INSTALLED IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT
MADE TO ASTM SPECIFICATIONS.
RATED AT 100 PSI AT 180 DEGREES.
RATED AT 80 PSI AT 200 DEGREES.
RATED AT 160 PSI AT 73 DEGREES.
TYPE B PEX IS MADE USING THE SILANE METHOD (WATER BATH).

Not a name brand, so likely a one-of importer. No warranty, so it is all on you.
Major American suppliers will be a better bet for the long run. Though underground outdoors is not that typical a use.
Uponor PEX, when used with Uponor fittings have a 25 yr. warranty.
Polybuteleyne or Sch 80 PVC are good bets.

For what it's worth, I bought what seems to be unbranded, oxygen-barrier PEX about 10 years ago. I cannot even tell you where I got it. May have come from Supply House, or eBay, or Amazon. It was the ⅝" variety. It worked fine. Never an issue.

Oh, yeah--it was over 1,200 feet buried in concrete as part of a heated driveway. I sold the home last year, but didn't give an issue during install, during testing, or the 10 years I owned it.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 2
Back