Beware before buying the Kohler Brass Revival bath faucet - it rusts

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirdeeker

Reaction score
Beware before you buy this Kohler Brass Revival bath faucet(KOHLER K-16100-4-PB Revival Centerset Lavatory Faucet). I bought this faucet when I had my house built. It has a 'lifetime warranty'. However this over $700 retail product has been rusting from the underside creating rust stains that need to be cleaned weekly. Below is a photo. Below is the response when I contacted Kohler about the product and warranty:
upload_2018-4-11_23-29-12.jpeg

Below is the response when I contacted Kohler about the product and warranty:

David Travale,

Thank you for contacting Kohler Co. I have received your email and would be more than happy to assist. I do apologize you are witness rusting but I have attached helpful documents on how to resolve rust as this is not a warranty issue.

What Causes Rust? How Do I Remove Rust In A Product?

Chrome & Vibrant® PVD Colors/Finishes Care & Cleaning

Thank you for contacting Kohler. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-456-4537 between 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday central time referencing your file number 4761261.

Sincerely,

Keisha L
KOHLER Customer Care​

Think about this 'Lifetime Warranty' and Kohler response before you spend hundreds of dollars on a single faucet. I have had 4 houses with many faucets and never had a problem like this.

Attachments

• Rusting Kohler brass faucet 1 of 2.jpg
    Rusting Kohler brass faucet 1 of 2.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 2
If this would have been a Moen you would of had a new one on your back door step by now. I had this problem
with a faucet and that's what we got. Sorry about your problem..

I got a complete replacement faucet from Moen all because of a corroded screw that stripped on a 10 year old kitchen sink faucet. I emailed them pictures of the screw, expecting to get just the screw and replacement mount in the mail. Instead a whole new faucet arrived!

I wouldn't quit. Take it to this guy's supervisor. I once purchased a defective toilet, and Kohler told me to go to my local Home Depot and pick out a new one, and HD sent them the bill for it.

I looked on the Kohler website for parts and they changed the part number for the bass. My guess is they had a problem with it. I suppose it's worth a try to call someone else at Kohler. I have a Delta faucet in the kitchen and they have sent two faucet cartridges. They seem to go every 7 to 8 years but they stand behind their lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Back