Better draining sink drain?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhqpzjg

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

My wife has long hair. The ‘rod and plunger’ style sink drain she has catches a ton of it, which then creates a nest for lovely black funk to grow and clog the drain about every 6 months. The opening is just small enough that any basket style drain strainer I can find is either too big or too small. I’m considering replacing the whole drain assembly. Any suggestions on a type or design that would make catching the hair or cleaning it out regularly less cumbersome?

Thanks,

Jason

that's life.....I work at a large university.....that's part of my daily work....just disconnect the pop up rod underneath and pull it out only ther option is a commercial strainer
but you lose the pop up drain...so the sink cant be filled with water

Hey Folks,

My wife has long hair. The ‘rod and plunger’ style sink drain she has catches a ton of it, which then creates a nest for lovely black funk to grow and clog the drain about every 6 months. The opening is just small enough that any basket style drain strainer I can find is either too big or too small. I’m considering replacing the whole drain assembly. Any suggestions on a type or design that would make catching the hair or cleaning it out regularly less cumbersome?

Thanks,

Jason
I have the same problem. i just remove and clean the p trap :D when i am told to:mad:

Latest posts

Back