Best way to fix leak from well pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mchandler

Reaction score
Ok so looking at the 2 attached pictures I am trying to figure out the best way to fix the leak coming from where my well water supply comes in through the base concrete block wall of our rancher.

It seemed sometims during heavy rains theres was a slight amount of water, but I live in Maryland and we are in the middle of floods not seen for a long time and this is the first time I ever saw water this much.

I was thinking of having miss utility mark for underground lines (although i dont think there are any) dig from the outside and put some waterproof concrete or something???

We also just had big trenches dug in our yard for geothermal HVAC and i wonder if that made it worse. Also wondering if there is anything i can do in the short term. perhaps put something on the inside? Now that i look at it, it looks like the previous homeowner new there was a leak and applied some newer concrete sealant or whatever.

Thanks for any advice,
Matt

IMGP5338_800600.jpg

IMGP5342_800600.jpg

Last edited:
You might try packing the hole with some hydraulic cement. If it is not too much work, though, the best bet is probably to dig down to the pipe, do a patch job on the hole in the block, and then seal the patch to the pipe with some 100% silicone or something, and tar coat the rest of the patch area. Don't use tar to seal the pipe to the patch, as petroleum based tars can weaken the PVC. I don't know how well silicone will stand up to being buried, but that would be what I would try.

Latest posts

Back