Best configuration for shower/toilet/main line under slab

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrstandardusername

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm replacing all my plumbing right now but have moved some things around in the bathroom and need some input on how to configure the pipes and vent for a shower and toilet going straight to the main drain line. As you can see in my drawing, the in-wall toilet sits directly overtop the main drain line. I already have the concrete and dirt trenched out. These fixtures are about half way across the building between the main vent stack and the exterior, that's why I'm not tying back to the larger vent.

This is in Nevada.

Thanks for any help. Bathroom Plumbing Drains_Shower_Toilet.jpg

in wall toilet? do you mean a back outlet?

does your toilet require a carrier or will it screw to wood in the wall?

you can not use a 90 on a wall mount toilet straight down. that would be a s trap
you have to have a vent for the terlet.

Bathroom Plumbing Drains_Shower_Toilet.jpg

Thanks for the reply Frodo,

Technically it's an "In-Wall Tank". A wall hung toilet system where the tank and plumbing is all invisible behind the drywall. The specs for its plumbing though are the same as a conventional toilet. That's the actual one in the picture, it has a metal frame that anchors it to the wall framing and that holds the toilet on the wall.

What fitting would be required going down into the main drain line? Straight Tee, wye, combo wye or sanitary tee?

you can not use a 90 on a wall mount toilet straight down. that would be a s trap

View attachment 27416
Toilets are S traps.....😬

Back