Bathroom venting with studor vents

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick response., you surely need., or want 1 vent to outdoor.,
If you were trying to eliminate that., First., the tie in to the STACK should've been with a Sanitary Tee., for better venting through the waste.,
The toilet location may pull the water out the traps because its UPSTREAM and you don't have a true vent.,

Can You build a Soffit? (box out for waste pipe). This design you have needs to be completely redone.... gonna draw a picture.
But your current setup., your gonna be smelling sewer gas in the house.

My attached drawing should work for you., 4 inch Sanitary TEE, and branch up to the toilet., so you have plenty venting in the pipe.
Face the combo Wye for the vent up at least on a 45 degree angle, and tie back into Stack.
Run that Vent combo Wye Close towards the Toilet combo.
All in my opinion of course ;)

My attached drawing should work for you., 4 inch Sanitary TEE, and branch up to the toilet., so you have plenty venting in the pipe.
Face the combo Wye for the vent up at least on a 45 degree angle, and tie back into Stack.
Can I vent back to the main stack with 2 bathrooms above it?

yes., if its a vent stack., that would be perfect
To be clear., do you have a vent stack or just one stack?
Run a vent stack is the solution.,
Waste pipe needs air., I misread you saying about the vent., you need a vent to the roof, and 2 inches would be big enough for 1 bathroom group.

Needs to be upsized if running more.

Pay a plumber to come to your house and tell you how to do it.

To be clear., do you have a vent stack or just one stack?
Run a vent stack is the solution.,
Waste pipe needs air., I misread you saying about the vent., you need a vent to the roof, and 2 inches would be big enough for 1 bathroom group.

Needs to be upsized if running more.

Pay a plumber to come to your house and tell you how to do it.

I had a plumber come over. He said the work my buddy the " handy man" did was garbage. He said he could redo it for 6 grand but won't give me a descriptive estimate. So knowing now that I can run a vent outside and up the back of my house would my drawing work?

Back