Bathroom Sink Overflow Drain Replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcrisp6

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of replacing a faucet kit that my friend bought for her very old home. I want to replace the sink drain that came with the new Moen faucet kit. After some turning and twisting, I have loosened the old one but still can't disconnect it. I have loosened the seal which you see hanging around the pipe in the picture below. I'm having trouble finding the circled piece that goes around the drain where the over flow drain tubing connects. I have no clue what this piece is actually called and I've searched the web for every combination of terms I could think of that it might be called. Is such a replacement part still available anymore or will I have to retrofit it to work with newer style plumbing? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 28848

And wouldn't it be just my luck that as soon and I post this thread, I find that it's a Corian sink specific overflow attachment. I probably won't need to replace it but I do need new gaskets for it when I install it on the new drain. The old drain won't separate so it looks like I have to take a hacksaw to it. Wish me luck!

Back