Bathroom sink help-newbie

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homeboyslim

Reaction score
Hi, I am almost done installing my new bathroom sink in an old 1940s house. The drain goes into the wall with 1 1/2 CPC PVC. I am trying to tie into that from the sink. I got the P TRAP from lowes that says Inlet 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" OUTLET 1 1/2". The package says its made of POLYPROPYLENE.
I got it hooked to the new sink drain but trying to tie it to the existing wall drain. That end of my new Poly piece is not threaded but fits semi snug into the existing CPC PVC where I cut it off before it goes into the wall. Can I just prime and cement that where the two join (slip the new Poly into the CPC PVC? Hope I didnt make it more confusing by over explaining, but I dont want to screw this up.
Thanks ahead of time
Brent

You need a trap adaptor, sometimes called a Marvel fitting. This adapts from the 1 1/2" Sch 40 Iron Pipe Size (IPS) to the 1 1/2" tubular. It cements onto the IPS pipe and accepts the tubular pipe with a threaded compression fitting. Use thread joint compound on the compression surfaces to seal the assembly.

Latest posts

Back