Bathroom Sink Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movingnevada

Reaction score
My current sink layout is a 3" main line with a 2" pipe running perpendicular out of it into the bottom of my vanity. This 2" pipe is about 6" away from the wall. My new vanity is an open shelf style on the bottom and I don't want a 2" pipe running through the middle of it. I want to recess this 2" pipe into the wall and I have a new layout idea, but I am wondering if there are too many turns in the waste line after the trap. Will this be okay to do?
1638551451386.png

I should have mentioned the bathroom has a washing machine, toilet, the sink and shower that all go to this 3" pipe. There's a vent that exists on this 3" pipe about 5' from the sink. Near the shower and vent is where the drain then goes down to the first floor. This bathroom is on the second floor. Here's a quick sketch.

1638558117640.png

As CT18 said, you’ll still need to vent the lavatory drain.

Either a toot vent under the lavatory after the ptrap and before the pipe enters the wall.

Or you can run a new vent to open air or connect to an existing vent in the wall or attic. Or or or or 🤣🤷

Back