Bathroom sink connected to an opposing double kitchen sink, not draining: vacuumed, snaked, plunged.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth Anderson

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all. I've got a bathroom sink that wouldn't drain. After working on it for a bit I realized it's connected to a double kitchen sink on the other side of the wall. I've suck 'em both with the wet/dry vac, I've plugged and plunged 'til I was blue in the face (and splashed brown water in my face), and snaked each side with Ridgid's drill connectable 25' auger. However, whilst I forced my way to the end of the 25' at one point, on each side, and pulled it out clean, on each side, now I can't get it to go more than 6.5' in either side. I don't understand the set up. Do they make a T and the auger has trouble getting in? Was I just twisting the auger too much to get it to go all 25'? Could I need more footage? One setup is PVC running into metal, with the cap opening at 1 1/2", the other side is all metal, with either 1" or 1 1/2".

you maybe going up the vent e eif you can look in the drain make sure its going down the drain...if you cant see in put a small bend an when you start snaking if its an electric snake just bump the trigger r until you fell it going in easilyif its a hand crank just go real slow....another option is to find the vent on the roof and snake thru that sounds crazy but I have done it a couple of times.....

?is only the bathroom sink not draining if so the stoppage is in the traparm, if not most kitchen lines here are up to 60 feet before it connects to mail line,also make sure youre going down drain and goimg in slow.(you might need a mini jetter or blow bah for last resort.if you have a crawlspace go in and sound it out

Back