Bathroom line problems

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

208hofland

Reaction score
I have a bathroom on the far side of the house I've only really noticed the shower dropping pressure. The sink and toilet seem to be fine. There is also a water hammer in the pipes when the washing machine cycles on. There is also a outside faucet coming out of the line. Our house was ran with pex. I have no idea where to start.

Try cleaning your shower head or just buying a new. If you clean it soak it in. vinegar
You can install hammer arrestors at Home Depot that connect to the hose and the water valve

Geofd meant that you can buy a little device that screws onto your washing machine hot and cold valves, it acts like a shock absorber.
They are hose threaded just like your valves and washer supply hoses.

The shower head likely has one or two tight spots inside that need cleaning out.
The government makes manufacturers install these to save water, but the tight spots clog up easily with minerals.

Take the shower head apart and clean it with vinegar, or just buy a new one as Geofd advised.

Back