Bathroom/Laundry remodel: Assistance requested

Discussion in 'General Plumbing Help' started by Zanne, Jun 23, 2013.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. Mar 24, 2019 #61

Zanne

Zanne

Zanne

I think I may have posted updates in a different thread, but I can't remember. I putzed too long & the tub/shower kit I wanted is no longer available but I think I can still get a different one. I'm thinking that instead of the Moen Kingsley Trim, I might go with the Delta Lahara Monitor thermostatic trim where instead of pulling one lever out & turning it to adjust the temp/pressure, there are two levers on the same escutcheon. The valve for it is much cheaper than the Moen one. Trim kit is about the same. I'm also thinking of going with an American Standard tub spout that looks similar to the Moen 3808 but is much cheaper.

We've purchased the vinyl plank for the laundry room. Right now we are focusing on getting the other bathrooms fixed first. I am a procrastinator but I'm trying to push myself to get things done. I'm really hoping to have at least a toilet in my bathroom by the end of the month or early next month.

Modifications for the plumbing in this one: Instead of running the lav drain separately, I'd tie it in to the toilet's line. Under the toilet I'd have the flange, the closet bend going south w/ a s-tee to put a vent on, then I'd vent outside the exterior wall & up around the soffit. Tub & washing machine will tie in to the main vent.
    bathroomplanfancy1b.png bathroomlaundrysketchnew7.png bathroomlaundrysketchnew7P.png DWVlaundrybathrevised2.png

2. Mar 24, 2019 #62

frodo

frodo

frodo

Just call me Macgyver Professional Supporting Member

what softwear are you using for that pipe iso?
    i likey and want it..

give you a 4 day old half eaten dunkin donut for it

Zanne likes this.
  3. Mar 24, 2019 #63

Zanne

Zanne

Zanne

Frodo, for the first & last pics I used MS Paint. If I want to be more precise I pay attention to the number of pixels as I'm drawing. I've gotten a teeny bit better at hand drawing the curves, but sometimes I use the bendable line tool-- draw from point A to point B & then grab it somewhere in the middle and pull to get a bend. I also discovered that I can use the Marker setting for lines to have them slightly see-through when passing over other lines, but I didn't use that in this sketch.
    I hope the half-eaten donut is chocolate. :p

I'm starting to like the idea of the Delta Lahara lever enough to use it in two bathrooms. I like being able to adjust flow rate & temperature separately & a turning mechanism seems easier than push/pull. I saw a really cool thermostatic lever that led me to find it- one with a cross handle on top & a sort of Victorian design but it was $300+ so I looked for similar less expensive versions. The Multichoice valve is fairly inexpensive as well. The Moen valve is over $100. Although, I don't know if I will need extra stuff to make it work (aside from water supply). The listing mentions trim screws & "sponges" sold separately. Sponges?? I wonder if it meant O-rings or washers. Buyers for the trim say it came with the cartridges so, aside from screws, looks like it has what is needed. If I wanted to be fancy, I could spend $20 on a plastic "victorian" ring to go around it. (Probably not going to do that though).

Anyone here ever installed that valve & trim?