Bathroom faucet supply lines

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edee_em

Reaction score
I'm moving a vanity/faucet and the supply lines are a bit short for the new location (short in reference to where supply stubs are plumbed in new location, for some reason). I thought it would be simpler to buy new supply lines but apparently I have a European-made faucet and the supply lines have a male end that fastens to the faucet and the female end to the supply. My guess is that the female end is 3/8" but I have no idea what the male end size is. I saw some hoses that have an M10 measurement listed but I want to make sure. I don't know if this is a standard measurement. So my question is, does anyone know the standard size for male and female ends for a braided stainless steel bathroom faucet supply line?

Use a couple 3/8” compression unions and short 3/8 x 3/8 stainless braided supply lines.

You’re just extending what you already have.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion Twowaxhack, but I don't know how those things would work with braided stainless steel supply lines. I had it in mind to use a shorter length of braided line (3/8" male to 3/8" female) but don't like the idea of adding another potential leak point.

You can use two of these to extend the existing supply lines.
Again you won’t use the nut and ferrule that comes with it.

This is the most economical way to complete your project.

Other than what I’ve suggested you can contact the manufacturer and see it they offer longer factory supply lines. I doubt you’ll have luck with that.

Good luck to you,That’s all I have to offer.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DuraPro...ess-Steel-Faucet-Supply-Line-157719/300304831

The pic/link is showing something different from the hoses, unless I'm missing something?

I posted two links in post #3.

One for the couplings and another for the hoses. Both links work and are showing the correct items.

In post #5 I posted a link to a product that you don’t need the couplings, it’s built into the hose, and it’s the most economical way to complete your objective.

Either way will work fine.

Latest posts

Back