Bathroom Drainage Help (DIY)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmac_

Reaction score
Hey all,

recently tore apart my bathroom and got a new vanity that’s significantly smaller than what was there. The old one did not have the sink centred, so the trap is off to the left currently, and is also too low for the new vanity.

The attached photo shows my situation. It seems it’s coming out of the wall at an angle, which I’ve been told is not necessarily correct?

My question is mostly what should I do about this? I don’t wanna ruin it, so I’ve come in search of advice! Myself and my partner’s dad have minimal plumbing experience, but I just wanna get some opinions. Do y’all think I’d have to cut more of the drywall out and see what’s happening inside the wall, or can I simply cut it along the angle and rejig it so it’s flush with the new sink drain?

Attachments

• 37473A00-0638-47F0-A334-3A06CE0ED482.jpeg
    37473A00-0638-47F0-A334-3A06CE0ED482.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
They come out on an angle like that sometimes when they don't get the drain in the center of the vanity. It isnt a big deal, you can cut that 90° off and glue on a 45°. If you need to extend it then add a coupling. Many times a wall stud is in the way of bringing the drain out on center so they angle it like that.

Latest posts

Back