Basement Floor Drain Pump Up To Sewer??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddbrew

Reaction score
I have a rather unique problem/question. I would like to install a floor drain into my basement of a 1950's cape. I DO NOT have any plumbing under the floor; the house was moved from septic to sewer before we bought it and the main is about 16" off the floor. We also DO NOT get any water into our basement so we have no need for a sump pit.
What I aim to do is dig a hole and seal the pit into the floor so we get no ingress of water from outside. Drains can empty into this basin and then get sump pumped up and into sewer line.
I was looking for a pre-made basin to use but have found nothing and was wondering if anyone had comments or experience iwth this type of issue before I jack hammer the floor :)

TB

You are talking about installing a ejector pit, just search it. You will find lots of them. if it is just going to pick up a floor drain you can use a 18x24 inch pit, will save you a little digging. i dont know what the code is there but here in Chicago the discharge must tie into 4in pipe and you need a vent dropped down from 42in above the floor of the next level. also must be protected by a check valve in the discharge line from the pump.

Latest posts

Back