Basement Bathroom HELP

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see, I was hoping I could avoid that orange vent pip you added underground but I guess that I cant do without it.

could you help me to understand the washer section you added? im only familiar with washer where they dump into a sink and then go into pipes/sewage. if the tube used to exhaust the water waste from the washer into the sink is not dumping into the sink. how would I go about attaching the washer to a pipe sticking out of the wall or floor. would it just be direct connection does that just mean I have "two sinks" essentially as far as the connections go (one as an actual sink thats present, and the second where a washer is attached instead)?

The orange line is not underground

Have you verified that tapping into the wye with the clean out is going to give you enough fall? If not all of the drawings are wasted. Thats a good bit of pipe going in the ground. I would check that out if you haven't already.

Hi, thanks frodo for the detailed sketch!

and thanks Plumb bob, I have been working on a layout that would use less materials and will post later today if anyone is willing to critique further and help

How far is the wye below finish floor? What it the linear footage from the wye to the toilet termination (pipe length)? Linear footage from wye to other fixtures?

well I was worried about using too much materials and bends which in my personal paranoid mind gets me thinking higher risk for clogs.. maybe im wrong.

I tried making this more detailed to help show some dimensions and tried doing a simpler schematic to help clean out the waste from the toilet and hopefully lowering risk of clogs.

I spoke to a family friend and they recommended NOT to tap into the main Wye because is the clean out for main city sewage? any opinions on this? that I would have to add another trap and the drawing I attached below, where the 4" pipe is connected, would be a better location to start..

basement bathroom simplify.jpg

Plumb_bob, the Wye is exactly 14" from its top most part to the floor grade I stand on.

and I know ive changed the layout above but heres the measurements from the existing Wye

20.65" - toilet
52" - sink
80" - shower

Latest posts

Back