Barcode inventory app.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhedquist

Reaction score
Hello my name is Brian and im a warehouse manager at a service plumbing shop. I am trying to find a good inventory app that supports bar code readers. The goal is to make a notebook with van inventory listed with attached bar codes so the tech can scan any item used that needs to be replenished. Does anyone here have any suggestions for an easy to use app like that?

When I had a crew we hand wrote invoices and itemized material, at the end of the day the helper would take the invoices to the office manager.

The office manger would pull all those items and put in a box for the helper to put back on the truck the next morning.

no batteries required.

YOu may not need any special software. You can actually hook up a barcode reader to a Windows tablet, and have it record a list of barcodes in Excel or a Google Sheet or in any kind of document.

That's if you don't already have an inventory/stock keeping system. If you do, you hook up the barcode to its Purchase Order form, if it supports such a thing. If not, do the above and copy/paste the list later into your PO.

Good idea, But I cant see it working long, as everything in the van rattles around, getting dirty. Single fittings are rarely labeled. You would need a book of codes like when you buy something at HD/Lowes thats not labeled.

The original question was for a warehouse.

Good idea, But I cant see it working long, as everything in the van rattles around, getting dirty. Single fittings are rarely labeled. You would need a book of codes like when you buy something at HD/Lowes thats not labeled.

Back