Quantcast

Barcode inventory app.

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

bhedquist

Reaction score
Hello my name is Brian and im a warehouse manager at a service plumbing shop. I am trying to find a good inventory app that supports bar code readers. The goal is to make a notebook with van inventory listed with attached bar codes so the tech can scan any item used that needs to be replenished. Does anyone here have any suggestions for an easy to use app like that?

Twowaxhack

Reaction score
When I had a crew we hand wrote invoices and itemized material, at the end of the day the helper would take the invoices to the office manager.

The office manger would pull all those items and put in a box for the helper to put back on the truck the next morning.

no batteries required.

Reaction score
YOu may not need any special software. You can actually hook up a barcode reader to a Windows tablet, and have it record a list of barcodes in Excel or a Google Sheet or in any kind of document.

That's if you don't already have an inventory/stock keeping system. If you do, you hook up the barcode to its Purchase Order form, if it supports such a thing. If not, do the above and copy/paste the list later into your PO.