Bar faucet or R/O specific faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awalts

Reaction score
My kitchen sink has an undercounter R/O system for drinking water. Does anyone know if a "bar faucet" can be used with an R/O system, or does one need to use a faucet specifically rated for R/O systems?

I'm hoping to use the Moen 5995 (a bar faucet) as it has a pull out sprayer. I realize that there isn't any hot water out of an R/O system, so that input line will not be connected and the "hot water half" of the handle will not put out any water.

Could there be 'lack of pressure' issues?

Alternatively, I could use the Delta 1914. It claims to be a "Cold Only Beverage Faucet that works with Reverse Osmosis" however it does not have a pull out sprayer, and also does not have a matching kitchen faucet.

If the moen will not work, does anyone know of an R/O faucet that has a pull out sprayer?

Thakns

My kitchen sink has an undercounter R/O system for drinking water. Does anyone know if a "bar faucet" can be used with an R/O system, or does one need to use a faucet specifically rated for R/O systems?

I'm hoping to use the Moen 5995 (a bar faucet) as it has a pull out sprayer.

moen_5995_alternate_view_579.jpg

I realize that there isn't any hot water out of an R/O system, so that input line will not be connected and the "hot water half" of the handle will not put out any water.

Alternatively, I could use the Delta 1914. It claims to be a "Cold Only Beverage Faucet that works with Reverse Osmosis" however it does not have a pull out sprayer, and also does not have a matching kitchen faucet.

If the moen will not work, does anyone know of an R/O faucet that has a pull out sprayer?

Thakns

What exactly are you wanting to do, use the treated was as main supply (sink hot/cold) or just for drinking/food prep? RO water is fairly expensive if used for sink water.

We are replacing the sink, main faucet, and R/O faucet. Main faucet gets NON R/O treated water and is used for washing dishes. R/O faucet gets water for drinking and cooking. We don;t need hot water to the R/O, but want to know if the Moen faucet (which supports hot and cold water) can just be connected via to "cold water port" to the R/O system.

thanks

We are replacing the sink, main faucet, and R/O faucet. Main faucet gets NON R/O treated water and is used for washing dishes. R/O faucet gets water for drinking and cooking. We don;t need hot water to the R/O, but want to know if the Moen faucet (which supports hot and cold water) can just be connected via to "cold water port" to the R/O system.

thanks

yes. look undr the cabinet, you will see 2 pipes protruding out of the wall
they should have valves on them.

your ro system is hooked up to that valve located on the right ?

with a valve simular to this ?
ocr19-r-1.jpg

replace with this

cr1900dvsx-r-1.jpg

7.png

if, your bar sink faucet has two lines built on it
one for hot, the other cold, cap off the hot, if you do not want hot
but, do not leave the pipe uncapped. you will get wet

Last edited:

I'm hoping to use the Moen 5995 (a bar faucet) as it has a pull out sprayer. I realize that there isn't any hot water out of an R/O system, so that input line will not be connected and the "hot water half" of the handle will not put out any water.

Alternatively, I could use the Delta 1914. It claims to be a "Cold Only Beverage Faucet that works with Reverse Osmosis" however it does not have a pull out sprayer for bar faucet vs kitchen faucet, and also does not have a matching kitchen faucet.

Thakns
I'd like to replace kitchen faucet in my 97PW with one that has a single mix lever. I've gotten tired of juggling hot/cold when washing. I'm thinking that a bar sink faucet might be sized right for the RV. They go from $40-700! Prefer the lower end of the spectrum. Oh, I'd like to also replace the cheap plastic faucet in the bath with a single handle as well. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

My personal experience with RO systems is that the pressure is LOW, as in quarts or maybe it's pints per minute.
Perhaps your system is different.

Latest posts

Back