Banging Faucet - Well

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heenan79

Reaction score
Hi All,

I changed my kitchen faucet about 6 months ago and ever since then, when i turn it on, there is a bang noise or a series of about 3 bang noises. It only happens at that faucet. I have also noticed that my water pressure seems to fluctuate at all faucets but the kitchen is the only one that makes noise. I was looking online and was advised to check the air pressure in my pressure tank. It was empty, i filled it per the instructions and it has held that pressure for 6 months but the noise is still present. i was reading further online that the problem could be the pressure regulator?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Paul

Does the new faucet have a hose on it?
I replaced mine a while back and did the same the yours is doing. When I would turn off the water, it would drain a small amount of water out the hose nozzle. When
I would turn it back on the air that was pulled in by the draining water would slam against the hose end two or three times, by then all the air was pushed out and ran fine.

Bought a new hose nozzle, and so far its been fine.

It does....good point, I will have a look. I suppose, considering the hose is clear, i could observe it doing what you note below.

Also, I remember now that when i installed the faucet the local HD was out of the correct size (length) hoses (the hoses from the house valve to the faucet) so I had to buy hoses that were clearly to long and are now looped underneath the sink. Could that be contributing to it?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back