Banana In Toilet Equals Bad Times

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMakeBadDecisions

Reaction score
Alright lemme give you some backstory. Middle of the night. Gonna eat a banana that i had forgot about in my room. The banana is like half the size of a normal banana and its going bad. Peel it a little and it is bad smells bad. Not gonna eat it. I dont want to put it in my trash or bathroom trash because we have ants right now. If i get up and put it in the closed trash can in the kitchen my mom would think im sneaking out because thats the way she is. I dont though. So i was like well this banana isnt that big and half the peel is gone so lets toss it in the toilet. Goes down the toilet fine and i flush it again after peeing for good measure. I go number 2 at school the next day so it only sees piss for the next day but then i have to go number 2 at home. Theres also a mess because we have an irobot roomba that drags things after knocking over our small trash can that had some liquid in it. Apparently we dont have paper towels so i used toilet paper and flushed it. BOOM. Toilets clogged.
I have tried plunging it with a real toilet plunger but it doesnt fit right because its an elongated toilet.
I have also used a 3 foot toilet auger. Didnt work.
We do have a 20 some foot sink auger thats a drum roll i did try it through the same way as a toilet auger without scratching the bowl but it just doesnt go anywhere.
There is no water coming out of the sink or bath tab and water flows fine through the main line because its been a few days. I also used a little bit of toilet drano so that it broke down the number 2 so it wouldnt smell.
I have no idea what i should do and im not gonna take the toilet apart because my mom would flip. I have told her that its clogged but i am not telling her its because of a banana. She thinks its toilet paper thats like cemented or something so she thinks it justs takes alot of plunging and she wont pay for a plumber unless water is coming through other things.
What im asking for is professional advice on whether or not i can use the sink auger from a different way into the toilet like through the back of the toilet where the water gets jetted through or whatever it is. Also it has been a week that ive been using the other bathroom but do you guys think the banana will just degrade on its own and pass or will it not and get caught around corners or get stuck in a trap?

Oh and we dont have a basement either. Its just the first floor without a crawl space that i know of.

Hard to believe that a toilet auger wouldn't be able to clear that. I would suggest trying that a few more times. Push it in until it stops, crank it while pushing more, and keep doing that. It should at least mash it enough so that it flushes.

By the way , it may be over kill , but I have a 6' closet auger . Do not have to use it very often .

Wyr
God bless

Does the end on you toilet auger have hook. I’d hook that thing and pull it out in no time. The trick is to go at it easy and hook it, like a fish and pull it out. Going hard you might go right by it. I think it will break Down......eventually. In this case, patience is a “smelly” virtue. Auger it. You can do it!

Thanks for the advice guys ill work on doing this in my free time for the next couple of days because i have exams and baseball.

Thanks guys for the advice and it looks like after taking it apart and everything the banana was actually stuck right where the toilet meets the pipes and the pipes actually make a really dumb 45° turn which catches everything.

Curious as to why you call it a "really dumb 45 degree turn". How would you expect it to be plumbed?

Since the toilet outlet is vertical, there has to be a turn in the pipes to horizontal, in order to connect to the stack.

Back