Bad Pressure reducer causing low pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gp9648

Reaction score
I am scratching my head about my low water pressure. Recently we noticed our water pressure was low. 7 yrs ago I installed a pressure reducer as we had 120 psi. I set it at 60 psi and no problems until last wk. Checked today and pressure was 122 psi. Took the watts ub5-z3 apart and had a bad seat gasket.
Why would pressure drop ie low shower pressure when water pressure incoming was so high?

Very confusing!! Tx for solving this riddle.

How did you measure "low shower pressure" did you measure the pressure or volume?

I am scratching my head about my low water pressure. Recently we noticed our water pressure was low. 7 yrs ago I installed a pressure reducer as we had 120 psi. I set it at 60 psi and no problems until last wk. Checked today and pressure was 122 psi. Took the watts ub5-z3 apart and had a bad seat gasket.
Why would pressure drop ie low shower pressure when water pressure incoming was so high?

Very confusing!! Tx for solving this riddle.

There are several possibilities. Did you repair the PRV and now everything is back in working order ?

Back