Bad flush

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

Reaction score
The guest toilet in my ten year old house has a flushing problem. I think it's an under slab piping design flaw, although it is much worse now than it used to be, three flushes are now required to clear a normal deposit. I have treated it with the appropriate Draino several times to no avail. Do plumbers still use a 'snake' on such things, because I think that there is build up in a badly designed bend. The pipng discharges into an u/grd septic tank and overflows into the community drain, the tank was sucked clean about two years ago and the system is only used by two people. The master bath toilet works fine.

Do u flush after every use or if it's yellow you let it mellow. You might have a calcium beard under toilet

How far apart are the commodes (Master bathroom and Guest bathroom?

''Snakes" are still used, but if your two commodes are close (like back to back) and there is no problem with the in the Master Bathroom, you should consider purchasing a 'toiler auger.' Snakes leave hard to clean marks on porcelain.

A closet auger is nothing but a hand powered snake, with a plastic boot on it to protect the porcelain. The toilet would need to be removed to run an electric powered snake, no doubt.

Not likely a "design flaw". You have a partially clogged toilet, simple as that. NEVER USE CHEMICAL DRAIN CLEANERS, IN ANY DRAIN! But even the instructions on most drain cleaners say not to use in toilets. By using Drano you may have damaged your toilet. Have a professional plumber clear your toilet and drain.

Latest posts

Back