Backup sump pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyboy5656

Reaction score
I recently had a backup water powered sump pump installed. My plumber only used one check valve (see picture). Looking for advice/help to see if this is done right. From what I’ve seen online, there should be two check valves.E0DA902A-C1F7-489D-84D1-4F51FFBFDA74.jpeg

Check your model # there is a PDF, shows a picture of it with a (foot) valve at the base of the pump discharge line if you search foot valve it's a one way valve so that's your (check)
Valve

Check your model # there is a PDF, shows a picture of it with a (foot) valve at the base of the pump discharge line if you search foot valve it's a one way valve so that's your (check)
Valve

there’s a foot valve on the water pump... not on the main submersible pump

I recently had a backup water powered sump pump installed. My plumber only used one check valve (see picture). Looking for advice/help to see if this is done right. From what I’ve seen online, there should be two check valves.View attachment 29825
Is there room to move the compression check valve just below the wye???? Then, install a union / ball valve were the compression check was

Latest posts

Back