Autistic son likes to run water.

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

MarkN

Reaction score
I have an autistic son that loves to run water. We solved this by buying a small water fountain for him and setting it up on our deck.

My problem is, if he is unable to get to the deck, we find him in the bathroom with the water trickling. He will play for hours, if you let him. Some nights, I wake up at 2 AM to find him standing over the bathroom sink.

I am an industrial electrician. Which means every solution I think of has at least two wires.

I have seen the foot/knee switches, but didn’t know if someone had another ideas.

Thanks,
Mark

JG plumbing

Reaction score
They make remote wifi valves that can shut you water off. A buddy of mine used one so he could monitor his water when he's not home. If there's a trickle somewhere he knows about it through text alert and shuts his water off.

I'm sorry I don't know the specifics on what he got. But it's fairly easily searched online.

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a touchless faucet,unless your hand is in front of the eye the faucet with come on, and when you take it away it shuts off

Danny3xd

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

I don't know if it would be as soothing or as much fun. But as I read your post I was thinking perhaps an indoor waterfall? They come in many shapes, sizes and costs.

Really hope it would help. Whatever you end up doing, please report and best wishes!

Latest posts