Asking for help Identifying bath faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgnewhampshire

Reaction score
Hi all - I am going crazy trying to figure out the manufacturer and model of an existing bathroom faucet in my house. The house was built ~1998 and we are new owners to it this year. I am ultimately trying to order and replace the hot and cold cartridges to stop some drips (have 2 of these faucets). I had thought it was Newport Brass, however the new cartridges I ordered have a significantly larger diameter on the upper splined stem. Worst case I can replace both faucets entirely, however I'd like to try and spec/find/replace the cartridges and save some earth resources. The cross handle is held on by a recessed screw that winds in vertically down the center of the stem, and is located below the "hot"/"cold" caps that thread off. Any help greatly appreciated. -m

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Sounds like good advice. I sympathize with the OP as I've run into that quite a bit lately. I can only guess that lower price Chinese fixtures are no-name. Or rather that the no-name display indicates less than mainstream manufacturing.

Seems the cartridges are usually oddball, can't find them on the shelves at any of the standard hardware stores. I'm often at a job a long ways from an actual plumbing supply store or working in the early evening hours.

Home Despot and Orchard Supply Hardware (owned by Lowes now) have managed to seduce with those late evening hours.

I found an "HBW" scribed into the drain pop up. Turns out the faucet is "Harrington Brass Works", and I've ordered the cartridges. Thanks for the advice and help. -m

Back