Asking for help Identifying bath faucet

Discussion in 'Toilets and Sinks' started by mgnewhampshire, Mar 18, 2018.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above.
  1. Mar 18, 2018 #1

mgnewhampshire

mgnewhampshire

mgnewhampshire

Hi all - I am going crazy trying to figure out the manufacturer and model of an existing bathroom faucet in my house. The house was built ~1998 and we are new owners to it this year. I am ultimately trying to order and replace the hot and cold cartridges to stop some drips (have 2 of these faucets). I had thought it was Newport Brass, however the new cartridges I ordered have a significantly larger diameter on the upper splined stem. Worst case I can replace both faucets entirely, however I'd like to try and spec/find/replace the cartridges and save some earth resources. The cross handle is held on by a recessed screw that winds in vertically down the center of the stem, and is located below the "hot"/"cold" caps that thread off. Any help greatly appreciated. -m

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

2. Mar 18, 2018 #2

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Professional Professional

you should take detailed pics and if possible the complete stem assembly
    to a plubing supply house they should be able to help

3. Mar 25, 2018 #3

cmac2012

cmac2012

cmac2012

Redwood City, People's Republic of California
    Sounds like good advice. I sympathize with the OP as I've run into that quite a bit lately. I can only guess that lower price Chinese fixtures are no-name. Or rather that the no-name display indicates less than mainstream manufacturing.

Seems the cartridges are usually oddball, can't find them on the shelves at any of the standard hardware stores. I'm often at a job a long ways from an actual plumbing supply store or working in the early evening hours.

Home Despot and Orchard Supply Hardware (owned by Lowes now) have managed to seduce with those late evening hours.

4. Mar 26, 2018 #4

mgnewhampshire

mgnewhampshire

mgnewhampshire

I found an "HBW" scribed into the drain pop up. Turns out the faucet is "Harrington Brass Works", and I've ordered the cartridges. Thanks for the advice and help. -m