Aquabrass Thermostatic Cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-v

Reaction score
hi there ... I have the replacement cartridge for my Aquabrass shower - but there isn't a thread on it. Every cartridge I've seen, you have to thread it into place. This one has nothing. Before I start pulling apart my shower to get the old one out, has anyone had experience with Aquabrass? Cartridge is the 1004 1/2' ... thank you.

Maybe you are looking at wrong cartridge. I just did a quick search. I see a ceramic disc type that has no threads and a thermostatic that does.

What do you have in the wall? post a picture or 2
I am not familiar with this particular valve but I can take any valve apart and reassemble it. Even if I never worked on that one before.
Via a few pictures can sometimes be a bit more difficult.

Show me what you have

Hi there, thanks for the response. Here's a pic of the cartridge. The manufacturer sent it to me. The second pic is what I'm looking at in the shower. I know I have to take off all the plates, but thought I would make sure I have the right cartridge before I start. thanks.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Hi there, thanks for the response. Here's a pic of the cartridge. The manufacturer sent it to me. The second pic is what I'm looking at in the shower. I know I have to take off all the plates, but thought I would make sure I have the right cartridge before I start. thanks.

Yeah, the cartridge you have in your shower is the same as the one the manufacturer sent to you which is this one: R14 Plastic Thermostatic Cartridge (Black / Yellow / Orange)

Hi there. Did you figure out what side is "up" when replacing the cartridge? There are no indications on the cartridge, and there are not hex bolts or other notches that would clearly indicate what side is up. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Back