Another mystery: this time it's a Wood Boiler brand

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80sguy

Reaction score
Hey gang I have another unknown item..a Wood Boiler that no one I have come across has heard of. Maybe someone out there recognizes this guy. Zanne you correctly assessed it last time on my pex al Pex thread, again I have tried looking it up but was stymied and figure that with all the years of experience on this forum someone has seen this before.
As best as I can figure the brand is "S". ??
The model number is an FB-TP-21. ??
And the model name or line is "Certified"??
it's very heavy and has USA marked on it. It kind of looks like a big cast iron radiator! !

Try googling certified wood boiler and you can imagine what you get! LOL. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. :eek:

20150111_122723.jpg

20150111_122637.jpg

20150111_122712.jpg

20150111_122621.jpg

I will check tomorrow. It definitely has a fire box...in this pic you can see the opening but I have removed doors for clearance to move it. So I don't think it's a heat exchanger

20150111_122601.jpg

not likely. By the time I have it installed I have it installed and vented I will have barely a grand in it. I will have saved that much burning wood in half a winter.
I was hoping someone would have recognized this make or model and have some insight.

no, but its pretty cool. what you need. probably do not want.

is a mechanical inspection, or inspector, come look at it. red tag you. BUT, tell you how they want it hooked up.

sometimes, flunking a inspection, is good to get information. do not bull **** him, tell him you called to pick his brain

you will need safety switchs that are specific to your area.

you can pay a plumber to come in or be sneaky,,,,ambush the inspector

post back when its running. if you find another. holler at me

Mystery boiler update! Fraud over anybody else who was watching I finally figured out what the Colossal heavy Beast is that I put in my basement. Reason I couldn't find it is that I kept looking for information on wood boilers based on the casting markings on the unit. I finally got afraid that Frodo was right and all I had was scrap metal so frustrated I clicked on the images tab after I Googled wood boiler and started scrolling scrolling scrolling. Finally I found pictures of the insides of a boy or that looked like the insides of my boiler and then the answer dawned on me... my boiler was missing its cabinet so I had no idea what the exterior of the thing actually looked like just the exterior of the Interior if you know what I mean. LOL. Here is what I found.... http://www.newhorizoncorp.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/castiron/fd42_open.jpg

it's actually a very nice unit I unfortunately did not get it hooked up as I started the garage project and it's just as well we had such a mild winter last year but I'll get back at it soon

and the good news is this is $4,000 new and I paid I believe $425 for it and it was only one season old if that. I spend about fifty bucks to go pick it up and gas and tolls my buddy and I put it in the basement and all I spent there was a cost of a chain hoist which I needed one anyway. I'll probably need some miscellaneous parts for it put all together I should have the thing all typed in for under a grand
:D:)

Latest posts

Back