Anaerobic or aerobic system.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosgood14

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out which system to go with. My current system is 1 single 500 gallon tank run down the hill to a leach field. I replaced the leach field 2 years ago because it was coming out of the ground as well as had the tank cleaned out. My neighbor has told me he has fought issues with his leach field for years and has always had issues and just recently switched to an aerobic system. Really don’t want to go to an aerobic system though because of the extra maintenance and it’s pricey. The leach field I built was about 100’ and about 24” deep with 6”-8” of rock under the perf pipe. So what can I do to either fix it to where the leach field will function properly for years to come. I know I probably need another tank since I have a 4 person household and only 1 tank. Throw out some ideas please

looks like this is a pretty dead forum.
I had an anaerobic two tank mound system but after 20 years, the mound started clogging with biosludge.
I bought a Hiblow air pump and built two air distribution gadgets made with PVC piping and weighted with concrete.
One is placed in the solids tank and one in the grey tank. This DIY system cleared my drain field in about 6-12 months.
It also eliminates any nasty odors when the wind is blowing towards that house.
My concrete vaults and risers were actually disintegrating from the hydrogen sulfide gas.
I would highly recommend aerobic.

Now, I've got a problem of my own to troubleshoot, but looks like I'll search for a more responsive forum.

Latest posts

Back